We keep getting Queries on whether i should resign and startup?, Is quitting Job and doing business a safe bet etc etc…
Here startup-freak is, with this amazing article will help you with all your doubts hold on.
Let me start with this Quote ‘Many people do not become entrepreneurs because they are afraid of failing’ . Now don’t be scared, remember how you or any child starts walking? they fall hundred times, and get up after that, that is how life is and that is how entrepreneurship is !
How Entrepreneurs are different from Employees
Got this data from a book hope this helps
Now that says a lot, which one do you want to go for?
We all have fear – the difference is whether fear causes us to seek security or to seek freedom. An employee will seek security; an entrepreneur will seek freedom.
Shift in Thinking
A change or a shift in thinking is required if you are moving from being an employee to an entrepreneur. Below are some list
- As an employee you should know all the right answers but as an entrepreneur you should know the right questions to ask and right people to ask to.
- You should be willing to learn new things versus an attitude of ”I know it all”
- Working hard will not give results as much as working smart, i.e hire or partner with people who can do a better job at things which you are not good at. Build team with your relationship building skill. if you do all the work yourself then you will become a self employed.
- Climbing the corporate ladder vs owning the corporate ladder.
- Month end instead of getting paid you have to pay a lot of people.
- Entrepreneurs know little about everything like accounting, finance, business management, public speaking, fund raising dealing with people, enough knowledge to monitor the experts they hire for each jobs.
- Entrepreneurs never wait for the perfect product or perfect time, they just do it. Ex: we see different versions of windows(2.0,3.0 etc)and iphone4s, iphone5. what this tells is they know they can improve the product but will release the product anyway. They know when to stop developing and start marketing.
There are many and many if i go on, but i hope you have got the essence of it and may be still having some doubts and excuses for not starting up. If you are frustrated about your current job then you have two options, www.change-jobs.com or go for your own business!
The reason most people who want to become entrepreneurs remain employees is that they have some excuse that keeps them from quitting their job and taking that leap of faith.
For many of us startupfreaks, the power of our Dreams is more powerful than the excuses, C’mon Join our community of entrepreneurs Good luck with your decision