You are a Startups and you are also new to this field of hiring and of course you will be divided when it comes to taking interview for hiring the best candidate for your Startup. Getting the smart people is very crucial and can determine your success or failure even. So now if you want to hire a social media guy for managing your Facebook, Twitter, Blogs etc then below are amazing set of questions which will get the best information out from any candidate and sets you thinking if you will go ahead and hire him for your organisation.
Here i will be giving only the questions and it is up-to you to figure out based on answers whether the candidate is suitable for your business targets and marketing plan. For this you will have to first plan what all work you want to delegate to this new employee and plan accordingly
What Questions to Ask to a Social Media Guy
- Why to use Social Media?
- When did you start using Social media and for what purpose? (hint See if they have applied it to bring business or just usual college stuff)
- If not online what other activities do you do? (of course if other activities include marketing in some sense will add value to you)
- Do you blog? Have you created any selling content?
- What is Social Media Campaign? (ideally Developing a great message and then reaching out to people, while giving them an incentive to ‘pass it on’)
- Whats the different between social Media and Social Networking
- If you’re on vacation and are not online for a week, what tools would you use to ensure social media updates are being posted?
- Write three headlines which will bring maximum traffic to our site through Social Media
- How often should we send updates on Facebook and twitter?
- Which business page do you like the most in terms of Social Media Marketing and why?
- What makes a content/video go viral?
- Why should we use Social Media?
- Can you assure number of ‘likes’ and ‘followers’ (Hint if ‘yes’ then you can doubt them)
- How to you handle bad comments on our page?
- How to you resolve disputes?
- How do you promote events?
- What tools do you use to design Tabs for Facebook and which will be a good option for us
- How does your job affect SEO of my site? (it doesn’t but “It builds relationships that turn into links later”.)
- Whats your strategy in building online audience (hint- they should try to to find out who your target audience is and whats your campaign. If goes straight to answer that means he is going to bring in lot of junk followers which will not add any value to your page)
- Why do you want to join a Startup? Most crucial one
Just these questions may not be enough to completely find out the attitude of the person.
There are three things you have to figure out about any candidate applying for your company
- Can he/she Work?
- Will he/she work ?
- How he/she works?