We have already disscussed a quite on Guerrilla marketing in our previous Marketing Ideas and its time to give you some real hot tips on how to go about Guerrilla marketing on Internet for your online Businesses. Getting your business online is becoming like getting oxygen now a days, even if you are a complete offline business, you have to get online to bring in more customers as competition is growing everyday.
If you don’t know what is Guerrilla marketing and what are the rules then please read this article and come back i will wait http://www.startupfreak.com/guerrilla-marketing-for-indian-startups/
Aim of Guerrilla Marketing on Internet
- Make your product look interesting
- Get Attention from small group on Internet(your target audience)
- It should be completely Unexpected
- Drastic – Long lasting effect
- It should be Humorous
- It should be cheap
- It should give you Goodwill
- It should be one-shot
Online tools for Guerrilla Marketing in India
Guerrilla Marketing campaigns should always be unexpected, drastic, humorous, temporary, and cheap and they should provide a benefit for the customer. You can use all the tools available online to reach out to your target customers, following are some with great examples.
- Your product Website – Launch a contest, or give away a product for free. Lot of Indian eCommerce companies are doing it more effectively nowadays, the offer they give are irresistible. Ex: Zoomin and flipcart festive offers. Startups can reduce your cost by bringing up innovative contest just like BATA did. It asked its fans to take a photo of people wearing BATA on street and post it to their website and maximum entries will get Rs. 1000 voucher.
- Emails – Guerrillas don’t spam. Think different and instead of your regular product/service emails, send a mail with completely different content, say a joke or funny story in a static text format, a funny image or photo in an e-mail attachment, a link to YouTube video, a PowerPoint slideshow of photos or text as an attachment
- Videos – You can make your videos interesting, entertaining, educational, and inspirational as this will help you to get attention/vitality/goodwill and establish your brand. ex: P & G Mother’s Day Video Ad went viral and bring in lot of good will to the company
- Search Engine - Bring in your creativity in choosing the amazing mix and match of words for your Google Ad-words campaign. Use pay-per-click, banner ads and supportive link in your Ad-words campaign. It is difficult task to comply with the ad-words rules and to be innovative at the same time to get maximum clicks on your ad. Example a luxury watch maker used the keywords of other luxury items like BMW, porshe etc, and ‘AD’ keywords were if you use BMW, you will like our brand too.
- Online Games – Building your own game can be bit expensive but compared to other offline Advertisement it can bring in more customers if you have done enough research on your target customer. A facebook App can go viral for example.
- Social Networks – Again Guerrilla’s don’t spam. Its OK in twitter to post again and again, not on Facebook. you can refer to this for complete list of what you can do with Social Media To know how to effectively use Facebook for marketing i would refer you to Flipcart’s fan page. Look at all the contest and tags, shares and cartoons they are launching and you will get some cool ideas too.
- E-Book – Release a eBook with the topic which will interest your target customer. Give link to your website throughout the book. If its good it will go viral. Ex: if you sell camera, then an eBook featuring 100 best photographs in the world will go well with your audience.
- Webinars and Google hangouts – Host a webinar or hangout on most interesting topics so that your audience could not resist but join it. I know a friend who use hangout to host cooking classes to promote her Indian recipes website and have audience from all over the world.
- Google MAPs – Needless to say go to maps and add your location in and around your exact location, so that anybody searching for route and bump into your store online.
Image credit: freedigitalphotos.net