Today 12th june 2012 Facebook gives a good news, Launches its own original WordPress Plugin.
With so many 3rd party developers trying to build these things it was about time Facebook designed their own!
Facebook just launched a PLUGIN for WordPress – wow, this is awesome news! “The plugin makes your site deeply social by integrating functionality from Facebook.”
The plugin was built by Facebook engineers in collaboration with open source partners, and makes it simple for anyone to make their WordPress site more social – no coding required. The plugin will also work on mobile and support internationalization.
Once the plugin is installed, you can cross-post content published to WordPress to your Facebook Timeline and the Facebook Pages you manage. You can also mention the names of Pages and friends as you post to further distribute your content.
WordPress powers 16.6 percent of the web, from The New York Times to People Magazine, and attracts more than 600 million unique visitors each month. This plugin will make it possible for WordPress content to be shared even more widely among people.
- Post to an Author’s Facebook Timeline whenever they publish a new WordPress Post or Page.
- Mention friends and Facebook Pages. This posts to their Timelines as well as lists them on the WordPress Post or Page.
- Post all new WordPress Post or Pages to a specified Facebook Page.
- Like, send, and subscribe buttons can be enabled in a click and are fully customizable.
- Facebook Comments, including full SEO support.
- Open Graph Protocol integration.
- Recommendations bar, which allows users to click to start getting recommendations, Like content, and add what they’re reading to Timeline as they go.
Access the plugin on WordPress.org: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/facebook/
Will you add this plugin to your WP site? Of Course you will