Past 12 years, has changed the way we buy and sell goods and services. Do you remember buying airline/irctc tickets before the Internet? Can you imagine buying a new computer or car without doing hours of Web research? India is in its early stage of accepting eCommerce into its daily lifestyle, there is huge rise in online store in India and it is going to reach even bigger heights because people are waking up to the comforts of online shopping can bring to their life. Just to know how all this started here is the collated info on a graphic.
Below is an amazing info-graphic explaining the history of eCommerce.
- How it started in 1979 first invented by Michael Aldrich for B2B and B2C.
- The revolution starts when Tim Berners writes first We browser and thus creating World Wide Web
- Pizza hut has the first recorded internet sale.
- 1994 the first online bank opens
- The Dot-Com bubble of 90′s
- And 2010 eCommerce evolves into Mobile Commerce, Group Buying(GroupOn and millions such other sites), Social Commerce and Private Sales.
[Via: Shopping Cart Reviews]